background:
i had a CRAZY student two years ago in 7th hour geometry (last class of the day). first semester she came to class once or twice and then not again until october. i'd occasionally see her though because she was in two math classes and her algebra 1 class met in my room 5th hour. once she came back, she felt it was hopeless to try and was quite the distraction. she often spoke of the guy she wanted to set me up... a 50-year-old man who was in her AA class. seriously, child? apparently he wore nice shoes and drove a nice car. ay yi yi. well, i had her again last year. all year. not for geometry, though. she's a little crazy (obviously), but we get along. i do actually really like her. she could drive me crazy, but what can i say, i'm a sucker for these kids! i mean, really, the first couple weeks of school she stayed after school with me almost every day... usually for over an hour... with no math to do. sometimes she'd do other work, but mostly just talked to me. crazy.
anyway, this year she moved to chicago to go to some other school and i guess it's one of those schools where you do everything online and can finish school quickly because she came to visit me last week and she's done. i mean this would be her senior year, but i mean the semester isn't even over yet. she had emailed me earlier this semester and the subject of the email was "linds." and then the first sentence in there said she could call me that now. i didn't write back so she re-sent it a couple weeks later and then i still didn't write back (i just kept forgetting... it got lost in my inbox because she sent it to my work email). when she stopped by last week, i mentioned it and apologized. she had some big news for me: she moved in with her boyfriend who is going to u of i. she's gonna start going to parkland now that she's done with school. they bought a car together. and oh yeah, she's pregnant. i never know how to respond. i don't want to judge, but i'm not gonna be like congratulations. one of the first things out of my mouth may have been, "oh, you're gonna have a mixed a baby!!" (she's black, the boyfriend is white... oh, but she doesn't like black people and used to tell awful black jokes and say she wasn't black, she was just burnt or something ridiculous like that.) well, okay, so we talked a bit and then she had to go and i had to go and whatever. well, today i got an email from her and i just have to put it here because well, it's amusing. you can clearly see how crazy this child is. so yeah, enjoy!
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
i just don't even know about this one...
Hey Linds,
How's it going? I totally miss you like crap. Who can I pick on now other then my new favorite house-helper my mom hired named Beth. She is a funny looking person and she has the littlest eyes ever. I make her mad because I always say her food is bad even though its wonderful. Also, I'm very angry because the doctors are playing around with the gender of my baby and I have bought everything for a boy!! I had another sonogram and they told me it was a girl this time because they didn't see the genitals for a boy. I was pissed. I just returned like 85% of the crap I bought and I still have to strip the room down of all the blue teddybear wallpaper I put up. whatever I am carrying it needs to quit changing it's gender lol. I have a transexual baby in my tummy. If its a girl I am naming her Amarah and if it's a boy I am naming him Aiden. Too bad idk what I'm having, maybe its the baby with both genital parts, itn't that like a hermaphrodite or something like that? I just call it a he/she =]
I'm so crazy, hope to hear from you soon my dear.
Posted by Lindsay at 7:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment